- 4 tbsp glutinous rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 1/2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 in crushed ginger
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 9 tbsp ground red pepper
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 250 g sliced daikon radish
- 3 tbsp sea salt
- 100 g sliced Chinese chives
- 1/2 thinly sliced leek
- 1 1/2 kg daikon radish, cut into large pieces
Methods / instructions
- To prepare kimchi spice mixture, make glutinous rice flour paste by heating flour with water in a small pan.
- Stir continuously until it thickens and allow to cool.
- Add in garlic, ginger, fish sauce, red pepper and sugar. Mix well.
- Sprinkle daikon with sea salt and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Rinse daikon to remove excess salt.
- Rub kimchi spice mixture with vegetables and store in air tight container.
More Korean Cookery:
Kimchi, barbeque, bbq beef recipes